Rss

Powered by Blogger.

No Limit Texas Hold Em: Aces on the Board

Category :

No Limit Texas Hold Em: Aces on the Board
I was playing a multi table tournament earlier today, when I was reminded several times of one of the worst plays that I see online players make.A� Sometimes I can go for a Sit n Go or two and not see it much, but in this case, I doubled my stack twice within 5 minutes and watched another player do the same thing. It seems so simple, but some players, particularly online, seem intent on making it. I am talking about ignoring an Ace on the board.
Seriously, folks, if you see an Ace on the board, you can bet someone has one to match it. At least one.
So many players seem to just talk themselves into ignoring what is right in front of their face. I am not talking speaking of playing position late, and when an Ace comes on the flop, chances are neither you nor the big blind has it.
No, I am talking about being in early position with something like K-Q and continuing to bet or call bets with an Ace on the board. More than once, I began to think I was being slow played by someone with a set, after my Ace paired up and I continued to get calls on large bets. Both times it turned out to be someone who didnt even have an Ace but had some type of middle pair.
Once a guy with K-T off suit called me all the way to the River and until I had taken his entire chip stack. The board was A-T-4 rainbow with a 7 and a 2 on the Turn and River. I guess he just wanted to "wish" those T's good, or something.
Maybe it is stubbornness, maybe just a sign of a novice player, but one thing that you need to do asap if you are going to get better at No Limit Texas Hold'em is quit calling bets when it is obvious that you are beaten.
The thing about Aces is,A� everybody plays them, so if you see one pop up on the board, most of the time your middle pair is just plain no good. It is really as simple as that. I think it is OK to take a shot with middle pair or at least see the flop with junk like Q-9 off suit sometimes, if you want to make that part of your game, but when the flop comes A-9-4, you have got to get out.
I guess it is tempting to try and suck out for some players, but if you notice yourself doing this from time to time, it is a huge gaping hole in your game that is so incredibly easy to shore up. You took a shot and now you are beaten. Move on to the next hand. Your poker bankroll will thank you for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment